Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Windows 8.x Busts Past 10% Market Share As Windows 7 Rises, XP Falls

According to Net Applications, Windows 8.x crossed the 10% mark in December 2013. Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 have ended the year with 6.89% and 3.60 % for each of a total market share of 10.49 % combined.

During the month, Windows 7 took the market share of 0.88 %, as Windows XP has dropped below the 30 percent mark, shedding 2.24% to land at 28.98% in the month. While the growth of the market share of Windows 8.xs ' is probably still below what Microsoft wants, enterprise adoption of Windows 7 seems strong as the end of Windows XP.

Windows 8 has gained market share of 0.23 % in December, a surprising figure, given the general availability of Windows 8.1, and a free upgrade. The latter did pick up 0.96 % in the month.
It will be interesting to see how the growing market share of Windows 8.xs ' becomes downloading applications through the Windows Store. Previously, Windows Developer Portal that detailed numbers of downloads is provided. However, this morning I had the opportunity to load the usual set of analysis through the system. Microsoft may have eliminated the ability.

If so, we will not be able to download correlate with market share, which will limit our ability to vet capability to convert Microsoft’s new Windows 8.x users for its new application platform. This is a shame.

To conclude the year 2013, management 8.x for Windows to a new threshold of Windows 7 is capable of accelerating to Windows XP. Not a bad way to start 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.